I’ve Gone Shopping! The Shopping was in Preparation for BISOU’S (my Heckel Bassoon) RETURN from THE SPA- aka A COMPLETE OVERHAUL in Canada. I also wanted to try a Few NEW Reed Techniques!
There are Doubles of Many Items I ALREADY Own because I want my Heckel and Puchner cases to Function Separately, without needing to move all the items from one case to another. OTHERWISE- I am sure I would end up at a GIG without a SEAT STRAP or some other Necessity! QUELLE HORREUR!!!
This also Gives You a Sneak Peak as to What Lives in My Bassoon Cases at All Times. Disregarding the Reed Supplies, of course. I don’t travel with Shaper Tips. Here’s what I BOUGHT!!!
1. TOKYO MILK PERFUME TIN- AKA NEW REED CASE
Size of an ALTOIDS Tin and Easily Made into a Reed Case. How fitting the side of it says “OBJECTS TO DESIRE”! Picked this up in the checkout “AISLE OF DOOM!” line at Sephora. PS. The perfume is also my NEW FAV!
2. CORK GREASE- the Minty Kind!
Am I the only one out there who thinks that this gives their bassoon Minty Breath? Not ME! The Bassoon!
3. REIGER SHAPER TIP in 2
I can’t wait to try this out and Compare to the Similar Reiger 1A. Blog Pots are sure to Follow!
4. BLACK LEATHER SEAT STRAP WITH S RING
I never buy the type that is a BOOT CAP! Inevitably this goes wrong and ends up bumping keys for me.
5. OCB CIGARETTE PAPER
For all those Pesky Moments when Water is stuck in a Key! Humidity in the South is REAL!
6. KORG TUNER
7. METRONOME: POPs not CHIRPs for SCHOOL… Because I want it LOUD and RIDICULOUS! AND YES, there’s an APP for that but I am taking notes on the Lesson in my Phone!
8. SILK SWAB in PURPLE: HOW ROYAL!
9. MAGNETIC SOAKING CUP: That’s right, it attaches to my stand. LOVE.
10. THREAD: FF Slightly Thicker THREAD in BOYSENBERRY from Forrests Double Reed
Note: I also tried to get the KELLY GREEN Thread from Midwest Musical Imports but it is OLIVE GREEN– Sigh! That’s just NOT ME. RETURNED.
They have agreed to send me the NEON PINK THREAD as their website picture is out of date. Let’s HOPE it Doesn’t Bleed Neon Pink Coloring onto the Reeds like the Neon Pink from Forrests! I will Keep You Posted! I’m always Curious what People are Buying- Maybe you are, Too!